Sunday, August 16, 2009

Quote from A Course in Miracles Text Chapter 4 - THE ILLUSIONS OF THE EGO.

T-4.I.6. Egos can clash in any situation, but spirit cannot clash at all. 2 If you perceive a teacher as merely "a larger ego" you will be afraid, because to enlarge an ego would be to increase anxiety about separation. 3 I will teach with you and live with you if you will think with me, but my goal will always be to absolve you finally from the need for a teacher. 4 This is the opposite of the ego-oriented teacher's goal. 5 He is concerned with the effect of his ego on other egos, and therefore interprets their interaction as a means of ego preservation. 6 I would not be able to devote myself to teaching if I believed this, and you will not be a devoted teacher as long as you believe it. 7 I am constantly being perceived as a teacher either to be exalted or rejected, but I do not accept either perception for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment